Are you tired of the same old veggies? Do you want to add some pizzazz to your plate without breaking the bank? Look no further than a roasted veggie medley! This simple yet delicious dish is perfect for any occasion and can be customized to your liking.
What You'll Need
- 2 bell peppers (any colour)
- 1 courgette (zucchini)
- 1 squash
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut the bell peppers, courgette, yellow squash, and carrots into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the red onion into wedges.
- In a large bowl, toss the veggies and mushrooms with olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Spread the veggies on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the veggies are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Calorie Content and Nutritional Value Breakdown
This roasted veggie medley is not only delicious but also low in calories and packed with nutrients. One serving (about 1 cup) contains approximately 100-120 calories, depending on the size of your veggies and how much olive oil you use.
Here's a breakdown of the nutritional value of one serving:
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Total Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 30mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 440mg
Additional Vegetables to Use
Don't limit yourself to just the veggies listed in the recipe! You can also try adding other vegetables to the mix, such as broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, or sweet potatoes. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the type of veggies you use.
For those with allergies or dietary restrictions, here are some substitutions you can make:
- Gluten-Free: This recipe is already gluten-free! Just make sure to check the labels of any seasoning blends you use to ensure they are gluten-free as well.
- Dairy-Free: This recipe is naturally dairy-free, but if you want to add a sprinkle of cheese, try using a dairy-free alternative like nutritional yeast or a piece of vegan cheese.
- Vegetarian/Vegan: This recipe is already vegetarian and can easily be made vegan by omitting the cheese or using a vegan alternative.
- Low-Carb/Keto: To make this recipe low-carb or keto-friendly, omit the carrots and cherry tomatoes and use low-carb veggies like cauliflower or broccoli instead.
- Nut-Free: This recipe is already nut-free!
- Soy-Free: This recipe is already soy-free!
- Paleo: To make this recipe paleo-friendly, omit the cheese and use coconut oil instead of olive oil.
This dish pairs well with a variety of proteins, such as grilled chicken, fish, or tofu. You can also serve it as a side dish with pasta, rice, or quinoa. For a complete meal, try adding a sprinkle of feta cheese or a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
So next time you're in need of a quick and easy veggie dish, give this roasted veggie medley a try with a mix of your favourite veggies and a fun seasoning twist! Your taste buds (and waistline) will thank you!
IMPORTANT: Click the green speech bubble in the bottom right corner to get any questions answered, or Contact Us if you need something else.